Sunday, February 9, 2014

Flowers and Seeds

On Monday we began examining and labeling flowers for our flower lab. I liked the different smells of flowers and bright vivid colors. The two flowers I drew were Beatrice and Lily. I wonder if they were named after people or people were named after them? I am excited that we are learning about flowers this week. I learned that flowers use pollen to reproduce and respond to sunlight.
On Tuesday we dissected our flowers. It was cool seeing inside a flower. I thought my bean and flower dissection labs went well. I can't believe we are going to dissect frogs! I am so excited!
We worked really hard on our flower dissection lab questions on Wednesday. I thought the questions really helped me study for the test. On Thursday we had our test. I really improved on my study habits for this test and hope to improve even more by reviewing the end of chapter questions like I did the last time. I thought I did well on this test and hope I do well on future tests and quizzes.
On Friday we had lots of fun! Friday was a snow themed day. I enjoyed playing with the faux snow and making the snow flake. I can't wait to see what it looks like on Monday!
I wanted to know more about how plants get their names so I went to this link attached.


http://thebestgardening.com/taxonomy-how-plants-are-named-and-classified/


I also tried germinating hemp and chia seeds at home. The pictures are attached.

 Making snowflakes with borax
dissecting flowers
hemp seeds sprouting
chia seeds sprouting 

No comments:

Post a Comment