Sunday, October 26, 2014

Mole day and more!

This week was awesome! If you didn't know already it was mole day last Thursday. A mole is a unit of measurement 6.02x10^23. We celebrate mole day on October 23rd.

On Monday I learned about the Lewis dot structure. The Lewis dot structure helps give a visual of how many valence electrons each element has. You can determine how many valence electrons each element has by its group number. Also, valence electrons are the most reactive.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we worked on our mole day t-shirts. While we worked on them we made sure to tell plenty of mole day jokes. "What is a mole's favorite soda?" Coca-Cola!

On Thursday it was the highly anticipated mole day. We got to wear out t-shirts that we decorated. We took lots of selfies and pictures. WECT news visited our school to report on our activities and captured our human/teacher whack-a-mole. We got a chance to play the game for $1, and the money raised went toward our Science Olympiad. It obviously wouldn't be mole day without the pledge and ten commandments. Mole day was also the first time I ever tried guacamole. I tried it because it was one of the mole day ten commandments.

On Friday we cleaned out our oh so heavy binders. We also worked on our study guide in class. I like when we work on our study guide in class because I can ask questions when I need to. One thing I definitely need to improve on is making sure I don't put things in the wrong tab. I realized this when I cleaned out my binder on Friday.
The week ended with the Halloween dance on Friday night. I went dressed as baby North West. It was a fun week but I am exhausted.

The following link is to the National mole day foundation  http://www.moleday.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment