Sunday, October 12, 2014

Atoms, Protons, Neutrons and Electrons

Why can't you trust an atom? They make up everything. This week we learned all about atoms. We also had a test this week. This week I decided to improve my studying habits a little bit by using the techbook study  assessment. This really helped me on the test. While taking the test it was a lot easier because I remembered all the questions from the techbook. This week we also learned about protons, electrons,and neutrons and the people who found out they existed. James Chadwick discovered that neutrons are inside the nucleus. Neutrons give off a neutral charge. However protons give off a positive charge and electrons give off a negative charge. Electrons orbit the nucleus like someone juggling balls.


John Dalton was the first person that discovered atoms. However most of his theories aren't relevant today I think it is still cool that he was the first person to discover atoms especially because they are so small. In fact the number of atoms in an orange would be like if the whole word was filled with blueberries. I think I can improve on remembering to print out my notes because I always forget. I learned that atoms are small but their nucleus is even smaller. A cool link describing how atoms work is attached. http://science.howstuffworks.com/atom.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment