Sunday, March 2, 2014

Science Olympiad Week and so much More!!

This week in science was jampacked with hardwork, long days and lots of fun.
On Monday we finished dissecting the worm from the previous week. I learned about the circulatory half of the worm; how the circulatory and the digestive systems work together. On Tuesday we finished our worm dissection labs. From drawing and answering the questions I had a better understanding of the worm's body structure. We had our Chapter  test on Wednesday on cnidarians and worms. I didn't do as well as I would have liked on my test; but I tried my best. On Thursday we got instructions on our field trip planned for Friday to Wonderworks in Myrtle Beach and prepared for Science Olympiad which was on Saturday. Friday was filled with lots of fun at Wonderworks. I really enjoyed the 360 bike, the braingame and 6D theater. The bubbles were also awesome! Then it was time to get some rest for the big long day on Saturday. The day started out early in the morning with lots of surprises, fun, and excitement. Team WAAS was awesome! We had so much fun!!! By the end of the day I had placed second in my boomilever event and was very surprised when I heard my name called for the leadership in science award. I was so happy! The excitement was even more hearing them call WAAS' name to go to State. I am already thinking about ways in which I can improve on my boomilever. I cannot tell you in my blog post exactly how I plan to improve; because that will be giving my winning plan secrets away on this public blog!!!! I am so excited about everything we accomplished this week as a school team!!! It was a fun, hard, awesome week !! I have attached a link from the local newspaper with the number and size of the Science Olympiad competition; which gives even more numbers to show how awesome our team of 18 did, competing in a group of almost 1000 students!!!


http://portcitydaily.com/2014/02/28/close-to-1000-students-to-compete-at-the-wilmington-regional-science-olympiad-at-uncw/








 Team WAAS 2014
 Worm dissection 
Me and my dad/coach 
Wonderworks field trip 
Off to State we go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment