Sunday, March 16, 2014

Really busy week...I want sleep!

This week I just wanted to sleep but I knew this weekend I couldn't because I had to improve my boomilever design so we can win at state! On Monday in science we observed the grasshopper and learned about arthropods and its body structure. I learned that the grasshopper has two different sets of legs; one for walking and one for jumping.
On Tuesday we dissected a grasshopper. The grasshopper was one of the hardest dissections I have done because the exoskeleton was very hard to cut through. I learned that the rectum stores the poop :-) and does not secrete enzymes.
On Wednesday we reviewed for our quiz on Thursday. The quiz was on arthropods and molluscs. We reviewed by writing the vocab words on white boards. This activity helped me learn the definitions  I did not know well. 
We had our quiz on Thursday and I did well. I was adequately prepared by reading my chapter notes and studying my vocab. On Friday we completed our biodome lab which I had not seen in months, so I was panicking that I had lost it; but in a rush I found it. On Friday I also presented my individual exhibit for National History Day and I am moving on to Regionals.
This week I worked on improving my boomilever design. Without going into too much detail I worked on improving my efficiency by tweaking my original design. I think this new design is a good improvement.
I have attached a link on the ehrlichia tick. I am familiar with this tick because my mom got bit by one and these things creep me out. I think I may have arachnophobia!!


Biodome
science class working outside 
grasshopper dissection 
national history day 

No comments:

Post a Comment