Sunday, May 15, 2016

Quiz

On Monday we started class by viewing Mercury as it made its transit across the sun. We did this by looking through a telescope with a lens that would diffuse most of the sun's rays. When I looked into the telescope, I did not really see much except for a small white dot. This dot was supposedly Mercury. After viewing Mercury, we moved onto notes. Today in notes we learned the basic vocabulary to help us with understanding the different phases of the moon. One of the important words I learned was the difference between waxing and waning. Waxing is when something gets bigger but waning is when something gets smaller. After reviewing notes we did the tech book questions for this unit on space.

On Tuesday we started class with our usual science starter. After doing this, we did an activity involving Oreos and moon phases. We used the cookies to create the moon phases by shaping the filling. We did this on a sheet of paper and laid the cookies out. After making each one we labeled them. This helped me learn the moon's phases in relation to the sun and Earth. After doing this activity, we did a review worksheet with questions about the moon's phases.

On Wednesday we used all of class to study for both our quiz and and our final. I took most of the class time to study for the quiz. I prepared for the quiz by doing the tech book questions and making note of all the questions that I got wrong. By doing this, I targeted the areas in which I needed to focus more on. I need to focus on the phases of the moon and their relation to Earth and the sun. After the quiz, I will spend lots of time to review for the final so that I do not have to study all at once.

On Thursday we took our quiz on space. While taking this quiz, I overthought most of the multiple choice questions and changed my original answer. This is one thing I need to improve on especially for the final. Overall I thought this quiz was very hard, but I managed to do my best. In preparation for this quiz I focused on studying the tech book questions and reviewing the notes I took. One thing that helped me was making note of the questions I got wrong and taking the practice quiz again. Next week will be filled with lots of studying for finals.










No comments:

Post a Comment