Sunday, May 1, 2016

Quiz

On Monday, we played a review game for our quiz on Wednesday. This review game mainly focused on winds and did not fully pertain to the information that was actually going to be on the quiz. I could not answer most of the questions because most of them were not on things we had actually gone over in class. The one thing however that I did take back from the review game was that winds move from high to low pressure. The homework consisted of studying for the quiz on Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Mrs. G was not at school. The substitute reviewed the worksheet we completed last Friday when we had another substitute. This was a review of section one and mainly was about weather. It helped me focus more on the information on the quiz. After reviewing this worksheet we worked on the textbook questions. There were 57 questions which made it hard to concentrate on the questions that would actually pertain to what was going to be on the quiz. Overall, I do not feel very prepared for the quiz tomorrow but I will prepare to the best of my ability with the materials that I have been given.

On Wednesday, we had our quiz. I felt overall better about the quiz once we took some time to review in the first part of the class. The quiz was much shorter than usual but that also means that the mistakes, if any were made, would count as a higher percentage. There was only one short answer question and I felt okay about it. I studied latent heat and phase changes very well before I took the quiz so that part was somewhat easier. We will move onto the next unit and skip the climate section so we will have time to prepare for finals.
One thing I may need to improve on this week is to start maybe reviewing for finals. It seems like it is far away but it is in fact very close.

On Thursday, we started class by reviewing the quiz we took. I did better than I thought. After reviewing the quiz, we took notes. These notes were on unit 10 which will be our last unit in science. This unit is on space. Currently, my knowledge of space is very limited but after this unit I hope I will know more about space. One thing that was slightly introduced was parallax which I hope we go into more. This week was stressful and I wish I could have just skipped school and just gone to the beach.

On Friday we did not have school due to there being a teacher workday.







No comments:

Post a Comment