Sunday, May 10, 2015

Reflection and Refraction

On Monday we reviewed in class for the quiz on Tuesday. We used Kahoot again to review for our science starter. One thing I understood better after the review was how to find the amplitude of a wave. I wrote down everything I needed to remember or missed in class to help with the quiz so at home I knew what to review. One thing I needed help with was frequency, but eventually I began to understand after having it explained to me in guided study.

On Tuesday we had our science quiz. After the review we had the day before I was well prepared. While taking the quiz I had trouble with the question solving for frequency when we were given the period.  With some application I began to figure it out. After this Quiz I have a better knowledge of waves which will increase by the time we take the test.

On Wednesday we had a field trip in Social Studies so we did not have science class.

On Thursday we used Kahoot to review some of the science topics. I enjoy using Kahoot in class because we have to answer the questions as fast as we can. It is very satisfying moving up on the leader board. After that we started to dive into learning about reflection and refraction. To help us learn about reflection and refraction we did some demonstrations. Mrs.G put a glass rod made out of Pyrex into a beaker and poured in Wesson oil.  Magically the rod began to disappear. This was because the glass and the oil had the same reflection ability so it seemed that it had dissappeared but really our eyes could not see it. We also filled a glass container with water and put an arrow behind it. The water made the arrow point the other way. After our demonstrations we used the assessment questions in the book to review for our test next week.

On Friday we worked on our study guide. I remembered the material from the past quiz and the new stuff we just learned. Most of the questions were application questions. One thing I need to improve on this week is learning how to apply the material we use to the problems and equations.

We also went to play paint ball on Friday to celebrate science olympiad. I did much better this year than last year and luckily was not shot by Mrs.G.





No comments:

Post a Comment