Sunday, May 11, 2014

I dissected a pig!!!!!

This week has been an awesome and fun week as usual in science! I was so excited to start the fetal pig dissection. Even though these pigs were never alive, I felt like they were going to come alive on the dissecting tray. The fetal pigs are probably the biggest thing we have dissected this year.












On Monday we did the external drawing of the pig. This helped me learn all the parts of the external body structure of a pig. On Tuesday we drew the bone structure of the pig. This helped me learn all the bones in the bone structure. I learned how each bone is used in the pigs. I also learned that the mandible is a facial bone.












On Wednesday we started skinning the pig. This process almost made me gag. I let my group take one for the team! I so could not be a doctor! On Thursday we explored the digestive system of the pig. We cut through the muscle and examined the organs, aka "guts". I learned that the pigs digestive system is almost like a human.












On Friday we went to play paintball to celebrate Math Counts and Science Olympiad. I had lots of fun shooting at people, it was my first time playing paintball! I can definitely improve by wearing more padding on my legs so next year I wont get so bruised playing paintball because "someone" shot me in the legs and left really bad bruises......that "someone" will remain nameless....or maybe not Mrs. Giacomelli!!! I have plans to get you next year! Be very afraid!!!










I have attached a link to a fetal pig dissection if you are brave enough to watch it!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWYpnLtXQrg

















external pig drawing 
 Madison dissecting pig 
fetal pigs getting ready to be dissected 

No comments:

Post a Comment